Car Mart – Rover Cars & Parts
For Sale & Wanted
How to Advertise with RCCA & About our Car Mart
RCCA offers the ability for Members and Non Members to advertise their Rovers, or Rover parts, for sale. Advertisements from members are free, for Non Members there is a small charge of $20. The advertisement will be listed for two month’s in the Web Page Car Mart and in our magazines Viking Torque and Small Torque. Wanted advertisements are free for anyone.
Please download and fill in this pdf form with your car details, non members please enclose the Fee and post to the Club’s mailing address:
Cars For Sale
Rover Car Club of Australia Inc
PO Box 3114
NUNAWADING VIC 3131
- A picture is worth a thousand words, so please include a photo wherever possible. You can email these direct to RCCA Car Mart Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that our publication deadlines mean that depending on when you submit your advert there could therefore be a delay before it is published in the next magazine, it will however appear on this Web Page as soon as your fees are received..
- Advertisers please note that in accordance with Motor Car Trader’s Regulations 2008 and Consumer Affairs Victoria, all adverts must comply with requirements for private sale of used cars. As a result Advertisers must include:
(a) Cash price of motor car.
(b) If the car is registered, the registration number,
(c) If the vehicle is unregistered, the vehicle identification number, or if it is not reasonably possible to find this out, another number that identifies the motor car, such as Chassis Number or Engine Number.
RCCA regrets that Advertisements not following these requirements can not be published.
- It would be appreciated if advertisers could advise when their Vehicle is sold, so this page can be as accurate as possible.
- While the Internet is primarily a safe place to Advertise there is the occasional scam that can affect sellers. For your Information please take a look at “A Cautionary Tale of traps for inexperienced advertisers”.
For any questions relating to advertising your vehicle on this site and through our magazines please contact: email@example.com
(Advertisements listed in age order, newest first.)
Wanted Gearbox - Tasmania
Rover 4 speed or 5 speed gearbox from a P6 or SD1 Rover or a Leyland P76 4 speed Borg Warner gearbox.
Needed for an Exeter High School automotive class project.
Contact - Nigel Cunningham 0439 194 545
For Sale 1948 Rover P3
Dark green with beige interior, in very good condition inside and out.
Odometer 82421 Miles, very comfortable and easy to drive.
All steel body, light 4, 6 cylinder, 2.1 litre, 4 speed manual with free wheel. Fitted with custom made original suitcases and sunroof. It was fully restored in 1998 by previous owner. Currently on Club plates. Car is for sale as we are downsizing and currently have 2 other vintage/classic cars.
Engine number 55302160
Contact: Greg Cripps on;
03 5975 8311, 0435 628 997, 0423 021 697
Priced at $21,000. Neg.
For Sale 1965 Rover P5 Sedan
Mark IIC, first registered in 1966. Complete and nicely intact but immobile because the head was removed to replace a burnt exhaust valve. It has the six new valves and full gasket kit from Wadham’s awaiting re-assembly; brake booster and master cylinder rebuilt by NBS Brake Supplies in Shepparton (not re-fitted); four new inertia reel seatbelts plus the one lap belt from Hemco in Ballarat, all fitted; four new Hankook tyres and new Century battery.
Manual and parts book, tool kit, jack, radio, all there. It needs some serious love for its shabby paintwork, a new windscreen and most of its rubber bits call for Scott’s best replacements. It turned over last time we tried, and things like wipers, headlights and blinkers are all present and operating correctly.
Engine number: 77510333C
Chassis number: 77600980C
LVG-738 was last serviced in 1993 by George Gosbell, and its second owner was the father of a Rover club member who learned to drive in it and did the exhaust valves way back when. Sale of our house means the P5 has to go to a new keeper, preferably one with the mechanical skills to reassemble the motor and bring it back to life. I’ve put about $3000 into it and anyone mechanically adept should be able to finish it off for rather less than that. $1600 would be nice, but not as important as finding it a good home. Car located in Mont Albert North. Phone Greg on 0412 316 928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sale 1963 Rover 95
This a lovely car, previously owned by the late Graeme Tutt. The present owner has got the RWC which included a new windscreen fitted; that was all that was required!
The car is white with a completely new red interior. I am selling because I have health issues which make it difficult for me to enjoy this beautiful example of this marque.
The car registration number is:-1JQ7CG. The engine number is:- 76100052A. The registration is current to February 2018. My asking price is $5,575.
If by chance you have a P5 Mk11 in good RWC condition and you are interested in buying my P4, please call me.
Rob:- Mob 0414 900 335 or 03 5975 7438
Wanted Rover 3500 1980-86
Hi I am looking for a quality example only. Prefer restored and manual but auto original in A1 condition ok too. Willing to pay above market price for right vehicle.
please contact Aaron:
Phone: 0418 402 747 to discuss
For Sale – Two P6Bs as a Package
Rover 1970 P6B:
First model with new body style 3500 V8
Original registration. Black & White plates. Needs a little work but runs and drives very well. I have owned this car for 37 years. For the last thirty years it has sat in the garage with an annual run. New paint work & re upholstered black leather seats.
Included in the deal is a 1971 P6B. A rare imported model that used to go quite fast.
It has a good interior and very little rust but it is either a major restoration or parts vehicle. Engine number 42514085
$6000 the lot without registration. Not Neg.
Contact Owner Bob 0439 300 401
Wanted Rover P5B
Preferably a Coupe. Must be in very good condition.
Prepared to pay a fair price for the right vehicle.
Contact Michael Petraitis- Business hours 9758 8574
For Sale 2001 Rover 75 Club
Very good condition inside and out. Wood trim dash and steering wheel, beige leather seats with charcoal trim. 4 Tires replaced in 2016 plus full spare with alloy. 190,390 kms on the clock. Has just had a major service.
$5,500 neg. registered until September 2017. Melbourne area.
Registration: XSZ 825
Ph 0455 118 807
For Sale Rover SD1-1982
Speedo 263,661; Rego DA9906; Engine number 20a00046.
Dual plenum 5 speed manual transmission, extensive head work, 225x50x16 tyres and new custom ROH mags and body kit.
Asking $11,000 or ONO. Thank you.
For Sale 1976 Rover P6B
- NZ assembled, first registered in 1978.
- Original factory BMC (NZ) colour Flamenco Orange.
- Totally re-trimmed in Andrew Muirhead Scottish leather.
- New UK carpet set fitted throughout, wood veneer door capping inserts, glove box lockers replaced to original specifications
- All window seal and door rubbers replaced.
- Automatic Transmission overhauled, suspension bushes and ball joints replaced.
- new dampers front and rear (adjustable spax units front)
- Brake disks, pads and hoses replaced. Callipers and servo overhauled.
- Hall effect electronic ignition fitted, Bosch 85 A alternator installed
- Central locking and wireless remote control fitted
I have owned the car since 1987 and it has been our family car. Since then I have done an extensive overhaul of all the mechanical parts and a restoration of the bodywork and interior in 2012. The car comes with the following spare parts:
- a complete EFI manifold with all injectors, sensors and ECU from a Rover SD1 Vitesse, (Twin Stromberg’s with all linkages (from another SD1 possibly).
- New water pump - replacement was not required.
- New suspension bushes and ball joints not replaced at the overhaul.
- Manual steering box and idler box.
Currently on a club permit 43476H with the MG Car Club, the car will be sold unregistered, but a Roadworthy certificate can be obtained for the purchaser.
$12,500 ONO Contact: Alex 0421 544 288 email: email@example.com
For Sale 1983 Rover 3500SE
Price $5500 with RWC.
I’ve owned this car for two years, brought it up to Roadworthy standard and have regularly driven it on club plates. And I’m prepared to get another Roadworthy for it, before passing it onto the next owner.
Needless to say it’s an absolute delight to drive and starts on the button.
It’s pretty much original, with only minor blemishes here and there and the paintwork gleams.
Registration: 62715 H
Please contact me; at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PH:0400 318 121
For Sale: 2003 Rover 75 Club
145,000 KMS, Mechanically sound, Registered till 31/03/2017 in South Australia. Arron white exterior, interior unmarked. Full mechanical service history available.
Owners handbook & CD workshop manual provided. Some wear on white leather steering wheel cover.
Engine #: 25k4FP56245056
Asking price $7,000 negotiable.
PH: 08 7329 7553
For Sale: 1970 Rover P5B Coupe
1970 Rover P5B Coupe 3.5L. Two Tone Original paint, Only two owners,
All documents and manuals available – not registered
$25,000 or nearest offer – being sold due to down-sizing and lack of room
Car located in South Australia, Chassis # is 84600269 D; Engine # is 84003377 A
Please call Ross on 0419 828 181